Friday, August 8, 2008

08.08.08.

Just a quick post in honor of it being 08.08.08.

8 is a lucky number in Chinese because it sounds like the word "fortune". So definitely a very "lucky" day today. (Thus, also a very appropriate day to start the Olympics in Beijing)
8 also sounds like the word "dad" in Chinese, so today is also considered father's day. =)

If I was more on top of things, I'd post a photo in honor of dads, or of our recent trip around the Mediterranean, or in honor of the number "8"... but alas, I am not, and merely wanted to commemorate the date 08.08.08... at 8 o'clock nonetheless. =)

So have a wonderful day and catch some Olympics.

And because I'm feeling silly... if anyone feels inspired to take a photo that somehow honors the number "8", email it to me and maybe you'll get a special surprise. =b

No comments: